Share GarageBand PC project between remote iPad does not have the same iCloud account? It’s possible ! With a few manipulations diverted strand
Currently it is impossible to share a GarageBand for windows editable project differently:
- by AirDrop: this means that the iPad are close to each other
- sharing the same iCloud account: thus the projects sent to iCloud sync but it is far from legal
- sending the project to iTunes, recovering to a computer and then re-importing it into the iPad.
In this class is zero.
For the technical side, we must understand that sharing a GarageBand project via any app or cloud does not. The project is degraded. You actually put it in a folder and share that folder. Apparently famous MSN Messenger is also valid for a Keynote project that we would send a cloud.
Below the retail side upstream teacher and student side.
Prof. side: Documents – Dropbox
The idea is to do everything possible to make it transparent to the student.
For this, we will create a Dropbox folder for students. This will be synchronized. students on iPads. It will therefore probably create a class Dropbox account history that students do not have access to your Dropbox account.
- Since Dropbox account staff or student account, create a folder “Creations” (or whatever)
- Open Documents by Readdle
- In Network , connect the student Dropbox account
- Since Dropbox account Documents folder open the “Creations”
- Touch the button Synchronize top right
Therefore, all that will be inserted in this folder will be deployed on the iPad and on Dropbox. If this operation is repeated on every iPad, every iPad GarageBand project will make available to you.
student side: GarageBand – Documents
Both cases. The first, when the student gets a project on which he will work.
- open Documents
- Open Folder “Creations”
- Touch the button Edit in the upper right
- Touch Open in the left sidebar
- GarageBand choose from the context menu that opens
- GarageBand opens and announces that the project is in the main view, touch OK
- Touching the project name to name the (super important for sharing and storing more, name the file in
- Documents in late request more clicks via GarageBand)
- Touching the project to open.
8 clicks either ……
- Second, the student wants to share his project.
- Since the edit view in GarageBand, touch my pieces on the top left
- Touch Select top right
- Touch the piece
- Touching the arrow sharing
- Slide on the second line and touch Open in
- choose Project
- Slide up Documents
- Documents in the app ad unable to open the file, touch OK
- Back to main view related documents on the top left
- Move by drag / drop the project in the “Creations” folder.
Or 11 clicks … ..
To be clear, in one case as in the other the number of clicks is huge. Simply because the more clicks the more possible errors.
In a context of first degrees, we forget! In a context of 2nd degrees, it is discussed, but it is more complex than, or at least a source of possible errors too in my opinion.
The ideal solution does not seem to exist. Either one considers that these actions are necessary both for the acquisition of B2i the skills to manage student creations – which means fully in both cases. Either one considers that it is just too complex and I invite you to snoop around to find another solution!